Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
To work closely with various teams within the organisation and develop a full understanding of the business, giving room for an optional area of speciality in the power sector.
- Performs preliminary design and budgetary estimate for projects including planning and design for new lines, relocations, upgrades, etc.
- Develops network material lists – outlines network structure framing details including specifying all parts, hardware, insulators and grounding details, etc.
- Coordinates distribution network design process – ensures compliance with environmental and licensing processes and resolves issues
- Conducts power flow, power reliability, and economic evaluation studies.
- Designs and maintains databases of system loads
- Supporting and developing energy management data review process
- Monitoring of energy usage across the franchise and prepare various reports summarizing energy usage
- Establish an improved data recording, collection and analysis system to keep track of energy consumption
- Assists in the provision of information on actual energy usage on feeders to support conceptual project planning and design
- Determine forecasts for energy demand and consumption and perform comparative load analysis
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations both routine and emergencies.
- Report all operations to the dispatch office.
- Take and record all instructions on operations from B/H dispatch Office, O&M
- Problem Solving skills
- Attention to Detail
- Discretion and Judgment
- Resourcefulness in carrying out assigned duties.
- Display of mature and professional attitude to work.
- Technical Knowledge to forecasts for energy demand and consumption
- Understanding of Electrical Distribution Regulations and Systems
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety principles and Risk Assessment.
- Technical Knowledge to Coordinates distribution network design process
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibedc.com.