To ensure the maintenance of a safe working environment/safe work conducts whilst complying with all relevant statutory regulations concerning occupational health and safety in the workplace.
- Implement and monitor quality management system i.e. Optimize operational activities and resources to achieve Safety within all our facilities.
- Major Result’s measurement: Full implementation of quality/safety management system. QMS objectives(Ref quality management plan).
- Ensure the implementation of PepsiCo Nigeria’s Health and Safety Policies and Practices and conducting occupational health and safety trainings in the factory and reduce the risks and costs associated with work related accidents/incidents.
- Ensure a Pass total compliance to all rules, regulations and requirements pertaining to the quality of the product, workers/public/contractors safety and environmental pollution always.
Environmental and Occupational Health Safety
- Segregate and dispose waste materials and products to prescribed standards and schedule
- Ensure fuelling operations are done to safety and environmental standards
- Ensure good oil management
- Advise management on OHS matters
- Develop and maintain safe systems of work
- Ensure zero fatality and lost time due to accident
- Create awareness and train on Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Carrying out risk assessment with the plant team
- Ensure full PPE compliance among associates
- Ensure injury and accident free workplace
- Report and investigate all incident and accident
- Capture and report near misses
- Allocation of resources for HSE activities
- Ensure good housekeeping practices
- Issuance of permit to work for dangerous work
- Carry out management safety walkabout with operations team
- Conduct internal audit on HSE
- Develop corrective and preventive action plan for any identified non conformances
- Report plant HSE performance to top management for review and action plan
- Implementation of HSE objectives and programs.
- 90% Good Housekeeping, Safe work environment and Zero Incidences of loss of Assets
- Determining and implementing Plant’s procedure concerning good housekeeping, environment and contractors’ safety management.
- Providing professional/technical/competent advice on all areas of safety in the work place, to all on site and enforcing the implementation of corporate safety standards while supporting the implementation of periodic safety certification.
- Major result’s measurement: Zero work related accidents
- Responsible for ensuring all health and safety issues parameters are put in place in Nigeria factory locations.
- The role will be tasked with building and managing all HSE issues for the Nigeria business.
Qualifications & Requirements
- HND or B. Sc. in Engineering or related field. Membership of relevant professional bodies.
- At least 5 years in any industry, preferably in the Food industry.
- Good communication, planning and influencing skills.
- Excellent Cost management and IT skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.pepsicojobs.com.