Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development
In order to bridge this gap, the Ministry has initiated the Work Experience Program (WEP) to ensure that young people acquire a level of experience and hone their employability skills, to make them suitable for employment and to acquire the required skills for self-development and crucial to thriving in the 21st Century world of work. These skills include Mentoring, Networking, how to gain Scholarships, knowledge of world Competitions, Employment, Training and Business Startups.
The Work Experience Program (WEP) initiative is a three-month internship programme that will provide participants with the opportunity to gain relevant firsthand knowledge, develop skills and workplace competencies that will greatly increase their potentials for a successful employment.
Location: The 6 Geopolitical zones
About the Internship
The WEP is designed to provide paid internship opportunities to at least 2,550 Nigerian youths across different industry sectors as follows:
- Civil Service (Government Agencies)
- Manufacturing (FMCGs, Agriculture, Energy)
- Information Technology (Software & Hardware, Telecommunications)
- Construction (Architecture, Engineering, Surveying)
- Financial (Commercial Banks, Credit Institutions)
- Social Justice (NGOs, Law Firms)
- Provides you with an opportunity to relate career courses with workplace scenarios.
- Gives you valuable insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace.
- Prepares you for the demands and expectations of the fast-evolving world of work.
- Improves your soft skills such as emotional intelligence, teamwork, people skills confidence, and problem-solving.
- Provides you with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
To be eligible for this training programme, candidates must:
- Be a Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- Possess a valid government-issued means of identification
- Willing to undertake some travel if selected and the physical training location is not in their state of residence
- Be a graduate of tertiary institution (BSc/HND/OND/NCE)
To apply for this job please visit fmysd-esp.com.