About the Job
Our client is a confectionery company, dedicated to creating affordable, indulging, well crafted cakes. They currently have an opening for an Accountant in Lagos.
- Provides financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports.
- Data entry.
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- First degree in Accounting or any related course.
- Must have completed NYSC
- 0-2 years experience required
- General Math and Accounting Skills
- Deadline oriented
- Must be a team player
- Good reporting skills
- Attention to detail, confidentiality and objectivity.
- Should have an ICAN certificate or have one in view (added advantage)
- Good knowledge of Accounting software
To apply for this job please visit jobs.erecruiterafrica.com.